Saturday, July 18, 2009

6 months and finally a blog post!

Instead of becoming obsessive and writing massive posts/opinions, I have decided it would be much more efficient if I just post photos and quick ideas of what's inspiring me at the present moment.

I went to the ballet last month and was blown away by not only the beautiful dancers (of course), but the set design was incredible. Set designers are similar to master painters, light, composition, mood are all found within a well done set design. Cecil Beaton and Yves Saint Laurent worked in set design, both creative genius', and I can't help to notice the connection between the two.

The Red Shoes (1948) is one of my favorite films, the visual effects were far ahead of it's time, it's absolutely breath taking and every scene is like a painting. It's a visual masterpiece and the lighting alone is worth heavy praise, here are some photos from the film.

No comments: