Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Greeting and Salutations

I have decided to start a more grown-up, solely art related blog, to place my thoughts of visual culture and criticisms for all to see. I will also be posting my own work for you, (friends, enemies, and strangers) to criticize me as well. Let the battle of the wits commence!

It will probably take me a little time to get this monster project started, i.e. uploading photos, researching new ideas, etc. so please bare with me.

Since returning home I've been obsessed with illustration and trying to draw everyday. I've put down my paint brush for a while and decided to get back to the basics of line, shadow, and mark making in general. I guess I'm floating around waiting for my muse, my subject matter and while I wait there is lots of work to be done. When I find the idea for my new series I suppose I might go back to watercolor if it fits, as Richard Prince said, "The subject comes first, the medium second." and I could not agree more.

2 comments:

Patrick Smith said...

rad rad rad... welcome to the blog world solo style girl!

cutters said...

I'll be your muse. Just draw me.