Friday, November 13, 2009

Get In Gear

L.A. Gear Relaunch... hmmmm



  If you had them you wore them with your scrunch socks and leggings. If you owned the light-up version you pretty much owned the playground.  At least that's what I remember about L.A. Gear sneakers, I never owned a pair but my mom did try to compensate by painting my keds like a kitty and buying me those elastic curly bright green shoelaces.  But with the re-launch of L.A. Gears coming up December 12th I will have a chance to own the coveted hightop sneakers I once lusted after as a 8 year old girl.  Their website is pure shit, they could have done some really cool stuff with branding/marketing but regardless it will be interesting to see if their comeback will be successful.  I'm sure the hipsters will undoubtedly gobble them up. 
The ads are ridiculously 90's and hilarious.!


No comments: