Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Movie Night





I just viewed 'An Education' and I must say although it's visually beautiful there's really only a couple things that stood out about the film, the soundtrack and Carey Mulligan's acting skills. Although the trite "build your mind girls, don't rely on men they will let you down" theme that was played upon throughout the entire film was redundant to say the least, she was the only thing that saved the film from becoming completely void of content. I did actually enjoy watching, it was light and airy but there were so many loose ends and a lack of climax or catalyst in most of the turning points of the film. Another glimpse of hope was the comedic relief supporting actress Rosamund Pike brought to the table, she was wonderfully daft yet sweet and that was an untapped gold mine if you ask me, I wanted to see more of her. It's worth seeing, there are definitely great scenes, the costume design and art direction were spectacular.

No comments: