Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meow






I came home to find that AMC was having a Batman Marathon and I got to thinking, I don't actually like any of the actors chosen to play Batman. If I had to choose my favorite it would be Michael Keaton but that's only because I think the Tim Burton versions of Batman are the best by far. Batman & Robin and Batman Forever are terrible movies, I can't even sit through that garbage. The first and the last installments have been great films.

I know all little boys wanted to be Batman, but all little girls wanted to be Catwoman. Minus Halle Berry's failed attempt to capture Catwoman's sex appeal and darkeness, Julie Newmar (the original Batman series) and Michelle Pfeiffer(Batman Returns, come on that bird in mouth scene is beyond epic) brought different but extremely amazing depths to the character. If we didn't want to be the bad girl we wanted to be Vicky Vale, a strong willed, Vogue photographer torn between work and pleasure. Honestly the minute you think these ladies were typical damsels in distress they'd remind you that there was more to them then just a pretty face or black latex. Let's take a moment to oogle three gorgeous women of Batman, praise the catsuits and the side braid!

No comments: